Barrell Craft Spirits® and Stellum™ Spirits Win Seven Double Platinum and Three Platinum Medals
Louisville, KY (May 22, 2023) – Stellum™ Spirits Rye Fibonacci Blend #1 was named “Best Blend of Straight Rye” and awarded a Double Platinum medal at the 2023 ASCOT awards. Overall, Barrell Craft Spirits® (BCS) and Stellum™ Spirits took home seven Double Platinum medals and three Platinum medals. The competition is led by Fred Minnick, a Wall Street Journal best-selling author, spirits journalist, professional taster, and speaker. He is recognized for his discerning palate and expertise on a variety of spirits. Judging is blind and involves a prestigious panel of nationally recognized distilled spirits judges, each selected for their distinct and trusted palate.
As the original independent blender of unique aged cask strength whiskey since 2013, BCS was thrilled with this year’s results, which recognizes products from various parts of its portfolio, including its signature bourbon batches and limited releases. The team was especially pleased that, as a Best in Category winner, Stellum Rye Fibonacci Blend #1 will advance to a blind taste-off for the title of “Best in Show” against all other Best in Category winners on Thursday, June 1, via The Spirits Network.
“We hold the judges of this esteemed spirits competition in very high regard,” said BCS Founder Joe Beatrice. “Winning 10 Double Platinum and Platinum medals – with an opportunity to also achieve ‘Best in Show’ – truly validates our commitment to continually push the boundaries of blending and to elevate barrels of whiskey into something greater than the sum of their parts.”
The full list of BCS and Stellum Spirits awards includes:
- Best In Category “Best Blend of Straight Rye”
- Stellum Fibonacci Rye #1, featuring six separate rye blends which were combined in accordance with the sequence. (57.56% ABV) $99.
- Double Platinum Medal Winners
- Barrell Bourbon Batch 033, a blend of straight bourbon whiskeys (a marriage of high-rye and high-corn barrels ranging from 5-9-years) distilled and aged in KY, IN and TN. (58.3% ABV) $90.
- Barrell Craft Spirits Private Release Bourbon GXA1, incorporates 5, 7, 9 and 14-year bourbons, showing a pronounced sweet and earthy Kentucky Bourbon influence. (59.97% ABV) $109.
- Barrell Craft Spirits Private Release Bourbon CSX8 has a component age statement of 5, 7, 10, and 17-year bourbons. It shows a pronounced sweet and earthy Kentucky Bourbon influence. (57.05% ABV) $109.
- Stellum Black Red Fox Sparrow features a stimulating fusion of eastern spices and fruit. (58.66% ABV) $99.
- Stellum Black Hunter’s Moon, an oak driven bourbon marked by a high rye spice and a robust woodiness. (76% ABV) $99.
- Stellum Black Equinox Blend #1, created by slowly layering in rare sets of bourbon barrels until the evening of the Vernal Equinox, when the blend was completed in honor of the changing seasons. (58.63% ABV) $99.
- Platinum Medal Winners
- Barrell Bourbon Batch 032, a blend of straight bourbon whiskeys (5, 6, 7, and 10-year-old barrels) distilled and aged in TN, KY, and IN, and bottled at cask strength. (57.67% ABV) $90.
- BCS Private Release Whiskey finished in a St. Agrestis Brooklyn Amaro Cask DJA2 (61.61% ABV) $109.
- BCS Private Release Whiskey finished in a Ruby Port Barrel DJX2(61.95% ABV) $109.
Collectively, BCS has won eight Double Platinum and eight Platinum medals at the ASCOT Awards, while Stellum Spirits has won five Double Platinum medals.
Barrell Craft Spirits®
Louisville-based Barrell Craft Spirits® is the original, pre-eminent independent blender of unique, aged, cask strength whiskey and rum. Recognized for our blending expertise since 2013, we skillfully design, produce, and launch leading, unique products that surprise and delight whiskey aficionados and novices alike.
Barrell Craft Spirits®, Barrell®, Barrell Bourbon® and Barrell Rye® are registered trademarks owned by Barrell Craft Spirits LLC.
# # #