Comprehensive Shopping Experience Puts Attendees Face-to-Face with Local & Regional Home and Remodeling Experts; Welcomes HGTV’s Expert Craftsman Chip Wade
Chicago (Jan. 14, 2016) – The Ideal Home Show Chicago, presented by Uncle Bob’s Self Storage, moves to Navy Pier (600 E. Grand Ave.) for its second installment, from January 29-31, 2016. The new location will provide an experiential marketplace for attendees looking to purchase, remodel or renovate their homes. Guests will also have the opportunity to meet local and regional experts offering innovative products, inspiring ideas, helpful tips and fantastic deals.
The three day showcase – the only home show in the city of Chicago – will feature nearly 200 vendors from Chicagoland and beyond, eager to demonstrate their new products, and to offer advice and insight on remodeling, design, home improvement and spring outdoor projects. 2016 exhibitors range from INES Design and Remodeling, specializing in custom office, kitchen and bath remodeling, to Windy City Skylights, Chicago’s family-owned skylight specialist, Artistic Visions Lighting, Indiana’s outdoor lighting landscapers launching a new product at the Show, and Kapital Electric, Bensenville’s renewable energy company offering smart home solutions, all under one roof.
- HGTV’s Chip Wade, host, designer and contractor of the upcoming series, “Elbow Room,” presenting Friday at 2 pm, and Saturday at 12 and 2 pm, about “The Art of Amazing Space – 10 Years of TV Makeovers,” followed by Q&A and an autograph session (Ideal Main Stage)
- Food Network’s Sandwich King, Jeff Mauro, visiting his Chicago restaurant, Pork and Mindy’s, booth for meet-and-greet opportunities Friday from 3-5 pm
- Bob Wright, relationship expert and co-founder of non-profit organization The Wright Foundation for the Realization of Human Potential, presenting advice and insight for couples on Sunday at 12 pm about building a solid foundation for both your relationship and home rehab, followed by Q&A and book signing. His new book, “The Heart of the Fight,” which releases in stores Feb. 1, 2016, will be available for purchase at the show at a discounted price of $13.50 (Ideal Main Stage)
- Solid Build, supplier of small outdoor shed kits, featuring its fully constructed Bristol Garden Shed set up on the show’s main floor
- VizX Designs, Naperville’s 3D landscape design firm, presenting outdoor living tips and 3-D replicas (Ideal Main Stage)
“We’re excited to build upon the success of our inaugural year, and to showcase new and exciting experts and vendors in our new location at Navy Pier,” said Jessica Boweak, the Show’s manager. “Now is the perfect time for existing and future home owners to start thinking ahead to their spring and summer projects. Attendees to this year’s show will get to shop, compare and save, and take advantage of seminars and specials they won’t find anywhere else.”
Tickets are $10 at the door, $7 online for adults, and also $7 for Seniors 65+ with a valid ID at the show box office. Children 12 and under are free.
When buying tickets online, attendees have the option to donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity, the Show’s official charity partner, which will have an interactive booth at the Show, where guests can make magnets using tile. There will also be the option to sign up for the Fun Friday Night Painting Party, which includes a canvas, guidance from international artist Derin Baraka, wine provided by Naperville’s PRP Wine International, and two tickets to the Ideal Home Show Chicago, for $20.
The hours for the Ideal Home Show Chicago are:
- Friday, January 29, 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, January 30, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Sunday, January 31, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Show will take place at Navy Pier in Festival Hall B, with parking conveniently located right beneath the showroom. Attendees will save $2 on Navy Pier parking, and new SpotHero users can save $5 using code IDEALHOME.
For more information, including a full stage schedule, visit idealhomeshowchicago.com. Follow Ideal Home Show Chicago for show updates and helpful home tips on Facebook and Twitter, and engage using hashtag #idealhomeshows.
About Ideal Home Show Chicago
Ideal Home Show Chicago offers consumers a comprehensive, face-to-face shopping opportunity, connecting new and existing home owners with companies offering home improvement, remodeling and décor, and outdoor living products, services and expert advice, to help them create the ideal home and life year round.