New Offering at the Company’s Tasting Rooms and Online Features a Trio of Different Types of Whiskey Finished in Unique Wine Cases
Traverse City, MI (March 27, 2023) – Traverse City Whiskey Co. (TCWC), a portfolio of premium whiskeys and bourbon made in Michigan, today unveiled “The Finishing Series,” a set of three types of whiskey finished for up to 12 months in unique wine cases.
“Starting with three of our award-winning whiskeys, we further aged them using various wine cases, and captured fond memories of folks’ time here in Traverse City in a bottle,” said Chris Fredrickson, Co-Founder and President, Traverse City Whiskey Co. “Here in Northern Michigan, we don’t just distill whiskey; we distill the spirit of Traverse City itself.”
Here’s a look at the lineup:
- Port Barrel Finish – a bourbon whiskey featuring TCWC’s classic straight bourbon mashbill (75% corn, 21% rye, 4% malted barley) aged for five years and rested for nearly 12 months in massive 300L Ruby Port wine barrels. The dryness of the casks meld perfectly with the sweetness of the bourbon. 100 proof (50% ABV)
- Nose: Very light, stone fruit and buttercream, hint of orange
- Body: Sweet and silky; tart cherries, vanilla, sweet fennel, hint of toasted marshmallow
- Finish: Tannic but slightly sweet, burnt sugar and toasted orange peel
- Cab Franc Barrel Finish – TCWC’s 100% straight rye whiskey aged for five years and rested for nearly 12 months in Cabernet Franc barrels from an artisan northern Michigan winery. 97.5 proof (48.75% ABV)
- Nose: Sweet cherries, lemongrass, wintergreen, milk chocolate
- Body: Dry and lightly buttery; caraway seed, toasted sesame, and a hint of bitter orange
- Finish: Tannic, whole grains fading to 100% cocoa nibs
- Sherry Barrel Finish – a unique high-rye bourbon whiskey featuring a mashbill of 60% corn, 36% rye and 4% malted barley, which was aged for five years in new American Oak barrels and then rested in Pedro Ximenez sherry wine barrels for nearly 12 months. 95 proof (47.5% ABV)
- Nose: Caramel, sassafras (root beer), cinnamon, andraisins
- Body: Light andnutty; walnut, toasted almond, green cardamom, and a hint of vanilla bean
- Finish: Mild, toasted rye bread andtobacco
Whiskey enthusiasts can now purchase the complete set of three or individual 750ml bottles at the company’s two tasting rooms (in Traverse City and Ferndale, MI) and online at tcwhiskey.com for $59.99/each.
Known as the “Whiskey of the North,” the TCWC draws upon its early family roots in the distilled spirits industry dating back to the late 1800’s, sourcing all their grains from the Midwest. The distilling team, led by Chris Fredrickson, strives to make quality products, inspired by patented distilling techniques invented by Fredrickson’s great grandfather that were approved by the US PTO during the prohibition era.
For more information, please visit www.tcwhiskey.com and follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @tcwhiskey
About Traverse City Whiskey Co.
Traverse City Whiskey Co. is an independent and locally owned distilled spirits company based in Traverse City, Michigan, that’s dedicated to producing approachable premium to super-premium whiskey and bourbon. Known as “The Whiskey of the North,” the upstart company draws upon its early family roots in the distilled spirits industry dating back to the late 1800’s, sourcing all grains from the Midwest.
Traverse City Whiskey Co. is a proud member of the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS).
# # #